Lacrosse is a spring sport, the season runs from the end of March until the middle of June. Practices are typically 2x a week for 1.5 hours, with games being on the weekends either Saturday and or Sunday.
In 2018 we are seeing a shift in the boys program descriptions, per US Lacrosse we are adopting the 14U, 12U, 10U, and 8U identifiers. The age cutoff is still 9/1, however new this year our local region Badgerland Lacrosse adopted a policy that will allow individuals to play with their grade level vs. the hard and fast 9/1 rule. We are back to a grade level system, where the breakouts are as follows.
- 14U - 8,7 grades
- 12U - 6,5 grades
- 10U - 4,3 grades
- 8U - 2,1 grades
The girls program follows the same rules as last year.
- U15/U13 (Seniors) or 8, 7, 6 grades
- U11/U9 (Juniors) or 5, 4, 3, 2 grades
2018 Practice/Game Locations
- BOYS 8U - Practices and plays home games at our field on Airport Rd. The field shares a driveway with the Ed Tallard Conservancy
- BOYS 10U - Practices at our field on Airport Rd. The field shares a driveway with the Ed Tallard Conservancy. Games at Taylor Park.
- BOYS 12U - Practices at West Middleton Elementary school. Games at Taylor Park.
- BOYS 14U - Practices at West Middleton Elementary school. Games at Taylor Park.
- Girls U15 & U11 - Practices at Northside Elementary School. U11 games at Northside, U15 games at Taylor Park.
2018 Practice schedules
- BOYS 8U - Tuesday and Thursday from 5:30 - 7:00 PM
- BOYS 10U - Monday and Wednesday from 5:30 - 7:00 PM
- BOYS 12U - Monday and Wednesday from 5:30 - 7:00 PM
- BOYS 14U - Tuesday and Thursday from 5:30 - 7:00 PM
- GIRLS U15 & U11 - Monday and Wednesday from 5:30 - 7:00 PM
Initial cost 150 - 200 dollars
Initial cost 60 - 100 dollars (starter kits are available on-line and at Dick's Sporting Goods)
Locations to purchase new equipment:
Dicks Sporting Goods
Play It Again Sports
Cross Over Pro Shops:
Oregon Bike and Skate